Conditions We Treat
Conditions That We Treat
At Knoxville Spine and Sports, our chiropractor Dr. Bert Solomon and our excellent clinical staff of professionals have expertise and a great success record at treating a wide range of sports-related injuries and the following conditions:
- Neck Pain: Many patients with neck pain often see a chiropractor. Neck pain can result from a whole host of circumstances: bad posture, arthritis, repetitive stress, spinal stenosis, herniated disc, or a traumatic injury like whiplash. Weak abdominal muscles and weight gain make the problem worse. Patients often experience neck, arm and shoulder pain as well as tingling, numbness and pain.
- Low Back Pain: Back pain is one of the most common conditions we see. It can be caused by a variety of issues, such as muscle strain, twisting injury, compressed nerve root (sciatica), a lumbar herniated disc, lumbar spinal stenosis, or degenerative disc disease. Patients can also suffer pain in the legs, thighs and buttocks that worsens when standing or exercising. Stiffness, cramping, leg numbness or tingling, or muscle weakness can occur.
- Knee Pain: We see many patients with inflammatory conditions, tendon damage, and overuse injuries, all of which cause severe and debilitating knee pain. Dr. Bert treats conditions like osteoarthritis, patellar tendonitis (also known as jumper’s knee), anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) sprains, Sever’s disease and more.
- Sciatica: We provide relief for conditions that cause sciatic nerve pain. People with sciatica experience thigh cramping, shooting pain from the buttocks down the leg, or a tingling or burning sensation in your legs, and is usually caused by a herniated disc, misaligned
vertebrae, or hip piriformis muscle injury.
- Herniated Disc: Our Knoxville chiropractic clinic provides treatment and pain relief for patients suffering from a herniated disc (also called “slipped” or “bulging” disc). Chiropractic care is a great option for discs that are degenerating because of Dr. Bert’s understanding of nerve function and how to reduce pain.
- Plantar fasciitis: This painful condition is an unwanted product of repeated stress on the feet. It occurs when the tendon that runs along the arch of the foot becomes strained and inflamed, making it feel tight and not as pliable as it should be.
Our Knoxville practice specializes in treating all these disorders with our unique chiropractic treatment methods. Dr. Bert Solomon has been in practice since 2001, specializing in the treatment of sports-related conditions.