At the conclusion of your first visit, we will consider all the findings from your medical history and physical exam to determine a diagnosis and optimum treatment plan. We rely heavily on your detailed past medical history, thorough physical exam, and review of all body systems to ascertain the diagnosis. We will also use any previous diagnostic imaging you’ve had, like x-rays or MRIs. Then, Dr. Bert will discuss your diagnosis in detail, and the anticipated length of your individualized chiropractic care.
We use a triage concept when diagnosing conditions. Potentially serious conditions can include major neurological issues or even a fracture. Other less serious conditions might include a compressed (pinched) nerve or herniated disc. Or, your problem might be more general in nature, meaning that you have discomfort or pain that can be lessened or eliminated by mechanical means (a chiropractic adjustment). If for some reason your diagnosis cannot be helped by chiropractic care, we’ll tell you that too.
However, most of the patients we see can most certainly be helped by chiropractic techniques. We will design a treatment plan that might include one or more of the following therapies:
* Chiropractic manipulation – manual manipulation of the spinal vertebrae to improve function and reduce nerve irritation, thus improving range of motion.
* Soft tissue therapy – various hands-on soft tissue techniques to improve function of muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Active Release Therapy (ART) is one such technique. It is a manual therapy designed to break up scar tissue and improve blood flow and elasticity.
* Therapeutic exercises – specific stretches and strengthening to increase stability, prevent muscle wasting, reduce pain, and promote good joint health and range of motion. These are important in preventing new or recurring injuries.
* Dry needling – a thin needle inserted into a trigger point in a muscle to relieve pain.
* ELDOA Method – specific stretches adapted to each person and designed to bring the posture back to normal and to widen the spaces between the vertebrae to help with disc compression.
* K-Laser treatment -uses specific wavelengths of near-infrared light to stimulate the body’s natural healing. The laser energy increases circulation and decreases swelling. What sets us apart is that we not only use these cutting-edge techniques, but we also use our whole team to treat you. We believe that our multidisciplinary approach is the only way to go, so that’s what we do! And that approach includes both physical and emotional wellness.
We are invested in our patients–you are part of our extended family, and we truly care about your total well-being. We want you to be part of our family, so don’t delay.
Call (865) 888-7966 today to schedule your first appointment!